The Musick Memorial Radio Station at Musick Point was originally a receiving station only. The transmitters were located three kilometres to the south, in Oliver Road.
The transmitter building was located at the approximate location of what is today a home at 6 Villa Court (see map below).
Operators at Musick Point were connected to the transmitters (keying and audio circuits) via two telephone cables laid along different routes for redundancy.
The transmitting station was built in the same Modern style as the Memorial Station. In 1946 it housed 18 transmitters, the largest of which was a three-kilowatt unit for aircraft communications, while the smallest was 100 watts.
After aircraft communications moved to Mangere in 1972, the transmitter site continued to provide 500 kHz radiotelegraph service for shipping as well as high-frequency voice communications with ships and lighthouses.
After Auckland Radio closed in 1993, the transmitter building was razed. The transmitters were rescued by radio amateurs and moved to the Musick Memorial Radio Station where they are now maintained by the Musick Point Radio Group.